Wheaton Warrenville Community Unit School District is looking for a principal for Monroe Middle School.
Start date: July 1, 2012
Application deadline: May 16, 2012
QUALIFIED CANDIDATE SHOULD:
- Hold an Illinois Administrative Certificate Type 75
- Have knowledge of the Illinois Learning Standards
- Be an instructional leader
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have knowledge or experience related to Professional Learning Communities
- Demonstrate commitment to student achievement and school improvement
- Celebrate diversity within the school community
- Have an understanding of the needs of English Language Learners
- Support 21<SUP>st</SUP> Century Learning and Teaching
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to personal professional development
Wheaton Warrenville Community Unit School District 200 is located approximately 25 miles west of Chicago in suburban Wheaton, Illinois. The district serves about 13,500 students with two comprehensive high schools, four middle schools, 13 elementary schools and one pre-school. The district has a proud reputation based on strong academic achievement, a dedicated and well-trained staff, and a high level of parent and community support and involvement.
CUSD200 is seeking a dynamic instructional leader to fill the principal position at Monroe Middle School for the 2012-13 school year. Monroe Middle School will support approximately 720 students in grades 6-8 for the 2012-13 school year, through the commitment and efforts of 100 faculty and staff members. The school has a rich history of achievements with a strong and supportive parent population. The current principal is in his fourth year and has accepted a high school principal position in a neighboring district.
The district has embarked on developing collaborative instructional teams through Professional Learning Communities. A core group of Monroe teachers and administrators received training and is working with the rest of the staff to embed these practices within the school culture.
Please complete the online application by visiting the district’s website at http://www.cusd200.org/. Upload letter of interest, resume, and letters of reference to the application. Questions should be directed to Robert A. Rammer, Ph.D., Assistant Superintendent at email@example.com, 630-682-2015.