8th Grade Science Teacher
Closes: until filled
Wigwam Creek Middle School
Litchfield Elementary School
Must be Highly Qualified in Science
- Bachelor's degree in education with a minor in
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board
may find appropriate and acceptable.
To develop in each pupil an awareness of the role of science
in economic and social progress; to motivate each pupil to
acquire knowledge of scientific facts and principles, and skills
in scientific methods of problem solving; to discover and develop
special talents of pupils in scientific fields.
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through
courses in general science, earth sciences, biology, chemistry,
physics, physiology, or science problems to secondary pupils,
utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Trustees and
other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter
specified in state law and administrative regulations and
procedures of the school district.
- Plans a science program involving demonstration, lectures,
discussions, and student experiments; organizes laboratory
activities for optimum learning.
- Demonstrates scientific concepts by use of scientific
apparatus, experiments, and standard or teacher-prepared
charts, sketches, and other instructional aides.
- Provides individual or small group instruction in order to
adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupil and to accommodate
circumstances where a variety of projects and experiments are
being worked on simultaneously.
- Instruct pupils on proper use, care, and safe handling of
chemicals, science equipment, and plant and animal life.
- Provides for safe storage and proper use of materials,
equipment, and tools.
Makes minor adjustments and
requests for repairs as required.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior for a
productive learning environment during class sessions,
laboratory sessions, and field trips.
- Evaluates each pupil's growth in knowledge, skills, and
scientific attitudes in course being taught.
- Selects and requests books, instructional aids, science
equipment, chemicals, and supplies and maintains inventory
records as required.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service
education activities provided by the District and/or
self-selected professional growth activities.
- Identifies pupils' needs and cooperates with other
professional staff members in helping pupils solve health,
attitude, and learning problems.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental
- Assists pupils in selection and development of individual
- Cooperate with school administration in providing science
displays and programs for the school and community and in
sponsoring science activities.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the
assigned working day.
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
Salary and work year to be established by the Governing