ACTIVITY LEADER: KINDERGARTEN, 3½ Hour
(2012 - 2013 School Year)
- Evidence of completion of twelve (12) college/university units in area of child development
- High school diploma and passage of Kern High School District proficiency test
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing and mathematics or reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
- Knowledge in areas of general music; art, physical education and/or environmental education
- Ability to organize and implement variety of educational, recreational and playground activities
- Ability to work with children of diverse ethnic, racial, cultural, educational and economic backgrounds
- Bilingual ability may be required, depending on assignment
REPORTS TO: Administrator as assigned
JOB GOAL: To assist school staff in developing and implementing flexible extended day activity program designed to meet special interests, talents and abilities of participating students
- Assists in developing and implementing educational, recreational and playground activities for students participating in extended day program
- Works with individual students or small groups of students in meeting educational needs
- Works with parents and staff in promoting awareness and understanding of extended day program
- Participates in inservice training programs as assigned
- Assists in selection of appropriate supplies, materials, and equipment for extended day program
- Assists in maintaining necessary records and files relating to extended day program
- Maintains high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
SALARY: $1,036 - $1,257 per month
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District’s Improvement of Professional Services” handbook, Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with collective bargaining agreements when applicable
NEW PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES WHO BECOME PROBATIONARY UPON RECLASSIFICATION:
A new employee, or a permanent employee who is changed to a new classification, shall serve a probationary period, which shall not exceed one (1) year of duty time exclusive of leaves of absence or other absences. During this probationary period the employee must meet the required standards of performance to be recommended for permanent status in the classification. A probationary classified service employee may be terminated from the probationary classification at any time without cause, without right of appeal or hearing before the Board of Education. Pursuant to Education Code section 45113, a permanent employee who accepts a promotion and fails to complete the probationary period for that promotional position, shall be employed in the classification from which he or she was promoted.
MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Online application and any required documents listed below must be submitted by 8:00 p.m. on May 16,2011:
1. High school diploma (a diploma from a California high school dated after January 1, 1981 will also satisfy #2 below)
2. Certification of Kern High School District proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics verified by one (1) of the following:
a. Diploma from a public California high school dated after January 1, 1981 (G.E.D. does not fulfill the proficiency requirement)
b. Certificate of passage of Kern High School District proficiency test
c. Proof of passage of California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
d. Possession of a valid California teaching credential
3. Verification of one (1) of the following:
a. Two years (48 semester units) of study at an accredited college or university
b. Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university
c. Passage of BCSD Paraprofessional Test can be used in lieu of a. and b.
The next Paraprofessional Test will be given on May 22, 2012. Please call 631-4877 to register for the test.
Copies of required certificates, transcripts or diplomas may be submitted with application. District may require that originals be presented for verification prior to employment. Please check with Personnel Services regarding acceptable documents. For positions requiring college course work official transcripts will be required upon employment.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may be re-advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Unless otherwise notified by the District, applications received in response to this bulletin will be considered for available District positions in this classification during the current school year. Those meeting minimum qualifications, including passage of required tests, will remain active during this time. Applicants will not be individually notified of their application status.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.