Title One Reading Recovery Teacher
Title I Reading Recovery Teacher
The Reading Recovery Teacher must have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Education, valid Missouri Elementary teaching certificate, and Master’s Degree in reading and/or a Missouri Reading certificate. Should be Reading Recovery certified, working towards completion, or willing to be trained. Classroom teaching experience (at lease three years) is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in continuing contact with Reading Recovery Teachers and apply expectations of the leader. The teacher will demonstrate a strong understanding of various reading and assessment strategies and be able to communicate this knowledge effectively to individuals of educators and parents.
The teacher will be supervised by the building principal.
1. Maintain full implementation of Reading Recovery. This includes identifying all children who qualify, selecting those children to be served, supporting children in one-on-one or small group settings as dictated by Reading Recovery Council Standards and Guidelines and Title I.
2. Communicates the Reading Recovery program and expectations to parents, administrators and staff.
3. Maintains communication with classroom teachers regarding the program and process of the children informally and in intervention team meetings.
4. Attends Continuing Contact sessions with the teacher leader.
5. Work closely with Literacy Coach and other interventionists in the area of literacy to support their programs.
6. Teacher maintains and submits required records and data as required by the training site, the International Data Evaluation Center and district federal programs director.
7. Perform any other duties as assigned by the building principal.