Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Plan for/teach a variety of Art Classes on a Block System.
· Work as a team with other Art teachers.
· Cooperate with and participate in building-based initiatives i.e. Data Teams.Other duties as assigned.
· Willingness to work with other department members utilizing technology in the classroom.
· Possess competence in computer skills.
· Ability and willingness to use a variety of teaching strategies to match student learning styles.
· Supervision, committee assignments and other duties as assigned.
· Communicate with parents as appropriate and on a consistent basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes x No)
· able to walk up and down stairs
must be able to push/pull/lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Positive feeling about ALL students.
· Flexibility in meeting the needs of students and the school.
· Recognition of the need for confidentiality with respect to student and parental right to privacy as well as confidentiality of all conversation and hard copy information.
· Ability to meet and interact positively with the public.
· Willingness to work with technology as it relates to student and building needs.
· Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative manner with other teachers to meet the needs of students with special learning needs.
· Implement district and building strategies for literacy (Data Teams)
· Serve on one or more building committees.
· ENDORSEMENTS: [114 & 101] or [114 & Coach Authorization]