Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· 1. Helps to establish and direct a comprehensive instrumental music program.
· 2. Highly trained and experienced in instrumental music programming. Provide musical selections that are appropriate for ability of the students and exciting for both the students and audience.
· 3. Helps organize all aspects of student participating in concerts and adjudicated events.
· 4. Skilled and experienced with Marching Band.
· 5. Devote outside time for instrumental events, including All-State rehearsals, solo-ensemble, large group contest, evening, and weekend events.
· 6. Helps supervise the purchase, distribution, collection, maintenance, and inventory control of equipment, supplies, uniforms etc.
· 7. Works cooperatively with colleagues to share efforts, resources, and students to support the entire music progrram. Team player.
· 8. Sufficient skills to run rehearsals for All-State and solo-ensemble rehearsals.
· 9. Helps support selected school and community events by supplying appropriate music groups
· 10. Supervision, committee assignments and other duties as assigned.
· 11. Communicate and collaborate with Parent Boosters. Willingness to involve student groups in community opportunities and support other musical activies at West High School
· 12. Possess a Master's Degree in Music
· 13. Concentration in Woodwinds
· 12. Cooperate with and participate in all building-based initiatives i.e. Data Teams.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes x No)
· Able to carry loads of 20 pounds
· Able to walk up and down stairs
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Positive feeling about ALL students.
· Flexibility in meeting the needs of students and the school.
· Recognition of the need for confidentiality with respect to student and parental rights and privacy as well as confidentiality of all conversation and hard copy information.
· Ability to meet and interact positively with the public.
· Willingness to work with technology as it relates to student and building needs.
· Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative manner with other teachers to meet the needs of students with special learning needs.
· Cooperate with and partcipate in building-based initiatives.
· Serve on one or more building committees.
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in instrumental music.
· Experience as a Band Director at the high school level highly desired.
· Maintains appropriate communicate with administrators, staff and parents.