Under General Supervision:
· Perform routine and basic grounds maintenance.
· Improvement work including care of lawns, landscaped areas, and play areas.
Essential Functions and Duties Include But Not Limited to:
· Uses hand tools to work soil and to remove weeds, undergrowth, and debris from school grounds and landscaped areas.
· Performs maintenance and repair duties as related to school grounds and athletic fields.
· Operates a variety of grounds equipment including power mowers, edger, and string trimmer.
· May drive a pickup truck in performance of work.
· Assists in repair of sprinkler systems.
· Rakes leaves, grass and clippings, pickup paper and debris, sweep sidewalks, driveways, building entrances and other paved areas.
· Outdoor working environment, subject to bending, crawling, crouching, and kneeling at ground level.
· Pushing pulling of ground equipment.
· Reaching in all directions.
· Long periods of standing, walking, working in all types of inclement weather.
· If you are chosen for this position your employment with the District would be “at will”. Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
· As per Idaho Code 65-5-1/65-503: "Eligible veterans are provided advantages in public employment in Idaho…”
Calendar: May 14, 2012 – Oct. 31, 2012