COMPUTER / LIBRARY TECHNICIAN, 5 HOUR
- High school diploma and passage of Kern County High School District proficiency test
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing and mathematics or reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a variety of media equipment including but not limited to computers, laserdisc players, video tapes
- Proficiency and experience in computer use; knowledge of basics of a local area computer network
- Knowledge, training and/or experience in library practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic clerical practices and procedures and operation of common office equipment including word processing equipment; proficiency as typist
- Ability to work effectively with staff, students and public
- Ability to follow oral and written directions; ability to use independent judgment
- Must pass required tests
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To assist library media teacher in the operation of school computer network and school library
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of the schoolwide computer network
- Assists students and staff with use of various technology such as laserdisk players, scanners, the Internet, etc.
- Works with staff to provide training on use of school computer network and other technical resources at school site
- Attends training sessions and workshops to keep knowledgeable of system maintenance and latest technological resources
- Assists Library Media Teacher in maintaining a positive learning environment
- Assists students and staff in locating learning resources through the use of on-line catalogs, indexes, bibliographic data, technology and media equipment and similar references
- Assists in providing teachers with information related to library media resources and in scheduling classes
- Performs data entry for on-line access to library media collection; assists with ordering and processing of new materials appropriate to grade level and school curriculum
- Assists in inventory of materials and equipment; repairs books, materials and equipment as directed
- Assists library media teacher with the training and supervision of student aides
- Performs related duties as assigned
SALARY: $1,241 - $1,510 per month
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District's "Improvement of Professional Services” handbook, Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with collective bargaining agreements when applicable
NEW PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES WHO BECOME PROBATIONARY UPON RECLASSIFICATION:
A new employee or permanent employee who is changed to a new classification shall serve a probationary period, which shall not exceed one (1) year of duty time, exclusive of leaves of absence or other absences. During this probationary period, the employee must meet the required standards of performance to be recommended for permanent status in the classification. A probationary classified service employee may be terminated from the probationary classification at any time without cause, without the right of appeal or hearing before the Board of Education. Pursuant to Education Code 45113, a permanent employee who accepts a promotion and fails to complete the probationary period for that promotional position, shall be employed in the classification from which he or she was promoted.
All applicants must have passed the following tests within three years of the deadline. All applicants must register for testing when submitting their application. Appropriate photo identification will be required for entrance to testing.
Clerical test will be given on June 28th, please call 631-4877 to register.
MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Online application and any required documents listed below must be submitted by 8:00 p.m. on June 20, 2012.
1. High school diploma (a diploma from a public California high school dated after January 1, 1981 will also satisfy #3 below)
2. Certification of Kern High School District proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics verified by one (1) of the following:
a. Diploma from a public California high school dated after January 1, 1981 (G.E.D. does not fulfill the proficiency requirement)
b. Certificate of passage of Kern High School District proficiency test
c. Proof of passage of California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
d. Possession of a valid California teaching credential
3. Verification of one (1) of the following:
a. Two years (48 semester units of study at an accredited college or university
b. Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university
c. Passage of BCSD Paraprofessional Test can be used in lieu of a. and b.
The next Paraprofessional Test will be given on June 26, 2012. Please call 631-4877 to register for the test.
4. Typing certificate – 40 net wpm (Valid certificate within three years of the deadline of this bulletin)
Typing/shorthand certificates will be accepted from accredited colleges or business colleges. (copy acceptable for application purposes; original must be presented upon offer of employment)
Copies of required certificates, transcripts or diplomas may be submitted with application. District may require that originals be presented for verification prior to employment. Please check with Personnel Services regarding acceptable documents. For positions requiring college course work official transcripts will be required upon employment.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may be re advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Unless otherwise notified by the District, applications received in response to this bulletin will be considered for available District positions in this classification during the current school year. Those meeting minimum qualifications, including passage of required tests, will remain active during this time. Applicants will not be individually notified of their application status.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.