School & Communities Activities Assistant, Bilingual (2012-2013 School Year)
SCHOOL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT, BILINGUAL
- Training, education and/or experience in community relations or public relations, preferably in school setting
- High school diploma required; college course work in related field and knowledge of California standards in reading and mathematics instruction desirable
- Ability to work effectively with students and parents of diverse ethnic, racial, cultural, educational and economic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with and coordinate activities involving students, staff and public; skill and accuracy in oral and written expression
- Willingness and ability to work flexible schedule
- Valid California driver’s license and personal automobile for use on District business
- Bilingual ability may be required depending on assignment
REPORTS TO: Administrator as assigned
JOB GOAL: To assist in improving student achievement by providing activities and information designed to promote student and parent participation
- Facilitates school effort to involve parents in academic, physical, and social success of their children by coordinating variety of services and programs designed to increase academic achievement and improve overall educational experience
- Assists staff in developing and implementing workshops, events, projects and other activities to increase student participation and parent involvement in educational program
- Under direction of administrator, organizes after-school activities for students
- Assists with parent contacts including but not limited to home visits, telephone calls and miscellaneous correspondence; assists with transportation of parents to school functions as needed
- Maintains current knowledge of State and District standards in order to assist staff in promoting parent understanding of school programs; attends meetings and inservice training as required
- Keeps records, makes reports and performs routine clerical duties related to position
- Performs other related duties as assigned
SALARY: $2,368 - $2,874 per month
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District’s “Improvement of Professional Services” handbook, Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with collective bargaining agreements when applicable
NEW PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES WHO BECOME PROBATIONARY UPON RECLASSIFICATION:
A new employee, or a permanent employee who is changed to a new classification, shall serve a probationary period, which shall not exceed one (1) year of duty time exclusive of leaves of absence or other absences. During this probationary period the employee must meet the required standards of performance to be recommended for permanent status in the classification. A probationary classified service employee may be terminated from the probationary classification at any time without cause, without right of appeal or hearing before the Board of Education. Pursuant to Education Code section 45113, a permanent employee who accepts a promotion and fails to complete the probationary period for that promotional position, shall be employed in the classification from which he or she was promoted.
All applicants must have passed the following tests within three years of the deadline. All applicants must register for testing when submitting their application. Appropriate photo identification will be required for entrance to testing.
MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Online application and any required documents listed below must be submitted by 8:00 p.m. on May 16, 2012.
- High school diploma
Copies of required certificates, transcripts or diplomas may be submitted with application. District may require that originals be presented for verification prior to employment. Please check with Personnel Services regarding acceptable documents. For positions requiring college course work official transcripts will be required upon employment.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may be re-advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Unless otherwise notified by the District, applications received in response to this bulletin will be considered for available District positions in this classification during the current school year. Those meeting minimum qualifications, including passage of required tests, will remain active during this time. Applicants will not be individually notified of their application status.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.
View original posting on employer site »