WAYNE-WESTLAND COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
36745 Marquette Street
Westland, Michigan 48185-3289
TITLE: Head Start Fatherhood Outreach Worker
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
LOCATION: Stottlemyer Early Childhood Center
DATE: May 2, 2012
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: other duties may be assigned
- Participate in the recruitment of male significant others, associated with Head Start children, to become actively involved in the program and the child’s educational process
- Provide referral of fathers to various resources and services based on individualized assessments
- Provide follow-up assistance to fathers referred for services or resources
- Act as liaison and advocate for fathers interfacing with other agencies
- Assist in the coordination of services
- Assist with parental/community involvement activities, i.e.,
- Planning of monthly fatherhood community meetings
- Recruitment of males for Fatherhood Program and parent involvement activities
- Assist in the promotion of the program
- Assist in the facilitation of Core Group Meetings
- Conduct follow-up on all projects
- Assist in the development of Resource Materials
- Provide documentation of all fatherhood and parent involvement activities involving fathers
- Other duties related to Head Start father/male involvement activities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must have valid Driver’s License
· Must be a current (or former) Head Start father
· Must meet program requirements for child abuse/neglect checks and health screening
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate positively with students, staff, administrators, and parents
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and is frequently required to move about the inside of the building. This employee will be required to open and close filing cabinets, operate office equipment and computers, and will need to be able to position themselves to reach under desks, sit next to students and interact with students sitting on the floor, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with teachers, parents and students, including reading to students, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to engage in the physical management of students in order to maintain a safe environment for students and others.
EVALUATION: Job performance is evaluated by the Building Administrator.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The hourly pay rate is $10.40 per hour. The work week is generally Monday-Thursday, 30 hours bi- weekly.
Apply online at http://wwcsd.net or come to the Human Resources Department to access the online application system.
The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and to not create employment contracts. The Wayne-Westland Community Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.