Assistant Wrestling Coach (2 positions) REVISED
Closes: Until Filled
St. Francis High School (9-12)
Hours Per Day: vary (as arranged with supervisor)Duty Days: 11/29/12 through end of the season, as arranged with supervisorType of Position: SeasonalSalary: Per Teachers Master Agreement, Schedule C (Category D, Lanes 1-5) $3,591-$5,387; based on experience.Supervisor of Position: Jeff Fink, Activities Director
QUALIFICATIONS: The assistant position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student athletes within the program. The assistant coach reports to, and works closely with, the head coach along with other assistant coaches to determine goals and direction of the program. The assistant coach is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of every student athlete participating on their team for St. Francis High School.Preferred:Wrestling coaching experience at a middle or high school level; experience could also be extensive work with developmental wrestlers; MN coaching certificate or MSHSL/National Federation Interscholastic Coaches Education Program completion; extensive knowledge of the sport.Successful candidates must also show competency in the following:
JOB DUTIES: Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior
- Positive, high energy, and committed
- Partners well with parents, staff, community leaders etc.
- View success not just as winning, but as helping team members to reach goals
- Coordinate the training, instruction, and conditioning of athletes with head and assistant coaches.
- Follows and meets all expectations set forth by St. Francis Public Schools regarding the position of an assistant coach.
- Communicates with head coach regarding team questions and concerns.
- Member of the MSHCA.
- Develops and organizes effective practices for athletes that teach skills needed to compete in our conference.
- Demonstrates and generates, among your staff and players, an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the "Coach’s Code of Ethics" and our conference "Sportsmanship Guidelines".
- Adheres to the start and end dates of the wrestling season and rules pertaining to out-of-season coaching as determined by the MSHSL.
- Provides for the health, safety, and well being of team members at practices, matches, and transportation to and from games (this includes overseeing the wrestling locker room).
- Affects a proper relationship with athletes and parents.
- Assists head coach with the distribution and collection of equipment on a timely basis, informing athletes of their responsibility for the use and return of athletic equipment/uniforms. It is the coach’s responsibility to collect all equipment/uniforms issued.
- Assists in arranging for a post-season gathering and inform the athletic administrative assistant of certificates needed.
- Completes a post-season report with necessary information as stated by activities director and head coach.
- Actively recruits at the middle school and high school levels.
- Participates in district Safe School Training modules for coaches.
- Participate in MSHSL safety training for coaches.
- Represent St. Francis Wrestling in a positive manner throughout the school and community
- Other duties as assigned