2012-13 Special Education EBD Teacher, 1.0 FTE, Minnewashta
Available: 2012-13 School Year
Closes: Until Filled
Minnetonka Schools Vision for the Future from Minnetonka Public Schools on Vimeo.
1. Minnesota K-12 EBD teaching license required.
2. K-6 Elementary Education license preferred for elementary level special education teacher positions.
3. Multiple licensure preferred in Reading, English/Language Arts, and Math to comply with highly qualified (HOUSSE and IDEA) requirements.
4. Autism Spectrum Disorders certification preferred.
Job Duties and Requirements:
1. Responsible for case management of special education students.
2. Complete required Due Process procedures within mandated time frames.
3. Knowledge and abilty in appropriate assessment procedures and to analyze assessment data and make appropriate recommendations.
4. Develop Individual Education Plans (IEP/IFSP/IIIP) based on assessment data and student needs.
5. Develop and provide programming based on Individual Educational Plan.
6. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of BlackBoard, newsletters, phone calls, e-mails, conferences, etc.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
8. Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
9. Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
10. Participates in a professional learning community on a regular basis.
11. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
3. Respond in emergency situations.
4. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
5. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
6. May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Experience understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders.
2. Strong curriculum background with experience teaching core content curriculum and with teaching strategies.
3. Has previous experience teaming with special and regular education staff.
4. Has experience with providing developmental skill instruction in the areas of reading, language arts, math and social skills curriculum.
Tim Alexander, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Dr. Jan Bootsma, Executive Director of Student Support Services
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Minnetonka Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under "Employment" then click "Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form" found on the bottom of the page. Current teachers do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.
Minnetonka Public School District
5621 Highway 101
Creating a culture of child-centered excellence depends upon the effort of every adult in our school system. In order for students to reach their highest levels of academic and personal achievement, all employees must recognize and appreciate the integral responsibilities they have as partners in the educational success of each student.
Working for Minnetonka Public Schools has so many benefits! We pride ourselves in hiring highly qualified employees who genuinely love children and inspire in them a passion to wonder, discover, create and excel.
All jobs from Minnetonka Public School District