This is a long-term substitute teaching position, filling in for a maternity leave.
Anticipated dates of position: August 21 through December 21, 2012
Community Unit School District 200 is seeking a Special Education Resource Teacher to plan and implement the goals of the individual education plan (IEP). This person is also responsible for the supervision and guidance of paraprofessional staff in regards to the planning and implementation of the IEP.
Current Illinois Special (Type 10) Certificate with LBS1 Endorsement; OR
Current Illinois Elementary (Type 03) and Secondary (Type 09) Certificates with LBS1 Endorsement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds trust and confidence with students
- Instructs individuals and groups based on IEP goals
- Monitors student progress in and outside resource room
- Modifies curriculum if needed
- Maintains contact with parents of students to report progress towards IEP goals
- Prepares educational records and IEP forms