To assess specific areas of physical, perceptual and fine motor development and to provide direct and indirect OT service to students in support of their special educational needs.
Job Summary: The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
a) Participation on the school assessment team.
b) Assess students referred by building Child Study Team.
c) Obtain pertinent information from parents, medical persons, and other district staff involved with the child.
d) Make home visits when necessary to assess the child within/his/her home environment.
e) Use standardized tests and observation to assess the student.
f) Participate in the planning and implementation of individualized programs of students identified as needing direct or
indirect OT services.
g) Report results of OT evaluation with recommendations for further assessment and/or service.
h) Utilizing the team approach, integrate OT assessment data with other data for total planning for the student.
i) Utilize expertise in developing appropriate goals and objectives for students' programs.
j) Provide consultation and training for the classroom teacher in effective methods to aid the disability challenged student
in the regular or special classroom.
k) Facilitate referrals to outside resources when approved.
l) Participate in report to parents and involve parents in students' program when appropriate.
m) Other duties as assigned by Program Supervisor.
Qualifications: Registered with the State of Minnesota as Occupational Therapist.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation with ECSE teacher, speech language pathologist, DAPE teacher, ECFE teacher
- Ability to communicate and work with people
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate
- Ability to initiate and carry through tasks with minimal directio
- Ability to interpret assessment and evaluation tools for OT
- Working knowledge of due process compliance rules and regulations for Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
.60 FTE in which .40 FTE is OT at Cedar Island and .20 FTE is at Willow Lane Early Childhood Center