Pay Rate: Step on Salary Schedule will be determined by experience (minimum $12.23)
Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Basic Function: Assist with planning, organizing, and direction of the food service program in a school building cafeteria/kitchen under the direction of the Food & Nutrition Services Manager in accordance with the objectives and policies established by the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
1. Orders food, supplies, and small equipment for operation. Inventories food and supplies.
2. Maintains proper storage conditions.
3. Ensures adherence to proper safety and sanitation principles.
4. Assists Food and Nutrition Services Manager with menu planning and merchandising.
5. Control food and supply costs through menus, inventory, production schedules, waste reduction, storage, cost data, etc.
6. Completes and maintains Food Production Records as required by the Supervisor of Food Service, and in compliance with federal standards.
7. Ensures use of standardized recipes. Monitors meal compliance with menu, Federal meal components and required portion sizes.
8. Promotes good public relations with students, faculty, staff and parents.
· Assists with scheduling and monitoring labor based on production needs. Recommends labor changes for improved efficiency to Food and Nutrition Services Manager.
· Delegates/assigns duties to staff as needed.
· Documents employee performance.
· Assist in guiding, training, and instructing staff. Constructively influence morale and provide recognition when deserved.
· Monitor and enforce school district and department policies and procedures.
· Assist Food and Nutrition Services Manager in providing instruction, direction, and support for satellite food service operations.
· Assist in the preparation and submission of food service employee payroll.
10. Ensures delivery of high quality food and superior customer service. Applies merchandising and marketing techniques to increase department sales.
11. Assists with equipment inspection and submission of maintenance requests.
12. Assists in making the school food service program an integral part of the educational program.
13. Sets professional example for staff.
14. Processes and maintains Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications.
15. Uses Food and Nutrition Accountability computer hardware and software to assist in management of the operation.
16. Able to perform Food Service Manager duties in manager’s absence.
17. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· The Manager 1 must be physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day.
· Must also be able to work in warm surroundings, has manual dexterity and is able to lift materials weighing 46 pounds.
· May be required to climb stairs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Manager 1 shall have had successful experience in the stated areas of responsibility.
· It is required that the Manager 1 have a high school diploma or GED.
· Advanced training in food production, food preparation, nutrition, sanitation & safety is preferred.