Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
1. Must have a thorough knowlegde of the athletic policy approved by the Davenport Board of Education.
2.. Must work to form positive professional relationships with players, coaches, parents and building staff.
3. Must possess a positive attitude and enthusiasm for teaching high school student-athletes.
4. Must have thorough knowledge of the sport of basketball, including fundamental skills, meet management, and practice/meet organization.
5. Must maintain/emphasize discipline and demand appropriate behavior from ALL that are involved in the program.
6. Must assist in the coordination and development of an active feeder program.
7. Must promote the enitre athletic program and adhere to the philosophies and policies of North High School.
8. Must be an active participant in a unified BFS/Speed & Agility program in the coordination with the overall athletic department.
9. Must monitor, coordinate and enforce district academic standards and policies.
10. Must maintain equipment, including distribution, collection, and inventory.
11. Must understand the proper administrative line of command and refer all requests and grievances through proper channels.
12. Must provide adequate supervision before, during and after practices/games.
13. Responsible for maintaing records in adherence to North High School and DCSD policy.
14. Must be willing to attend camps and clinics to expand coaching knowledge.
15. Must assist members, school and collegiate coaches in the recruiting process.
16. Assist in promoting the wrestling program and other athletic programs at Davenport North High School.
17 Other duties assigned by the administration and Head CoachSuc
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Be able to demonstrate fundamental basketball skill.
· Be able to travel in bus to game events.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the adminstration may find appropriate and acceptable.
Coach endorsement or Authorization