Posted: May 2, 2012
Deadline for application: Until Filled
Contract length: 2012-2013
Compensation: $9.33 per hour, plus benefits
Work Schedule: 6.5 hours per day
Nature and Scope of Job: The Health Clerk provides basic health care and first aid for students, performs routine clerical and secretarial duties, i.e. maintaining health records and prepares various reports. The Health Clerk performs duties delegated by the Registered Nurse, such as dispensing prescribed medications and follows written protocols. Prefer applicant with experience working with children, school or other health programs and clerical and computer skills desired.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Successful completion of School Health Clerk Class
· Certification in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR
· Or any other combination of related education, experience, and training.
Qualifications: Applicant must have the knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to perform the function of the position. Must have High School Diploma or GED equivalent, successful completion of School Health Clerk Class, be certified in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR and hold or be willing to obtain certification in State Medication Administration. The school Health Clerk is trained by and works under the direction and license of a professional Registered Nurse. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provides basic health care and first aid for students
· Performs routine clerical and secretarial duties
· Maintain health records and prepare various reports.
· Performs duties delegated by the Registered Nurse.
· Contacts RN in case of major injury or illness
· Understands and respects the strict confines of confidentiality
· Organize routine school screening ie. vision, hearing
· Dispense prescribed medications and follows written protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org