Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Ability to teach Family and Consumer Science Foods curriculum.
· Purchase and pickup of all materials needed for cooking labs.
· Trained and competent in the reas of culinary arts, child development and clothing
· Possess competence in computer and technology skills.
· Communicate with parents as appropriate and on a consistent basis.
· Cooperate with and participate in building-based initiatives i.e. Data Teams.
· Supervision and other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes x No)
· Must be able to push/pull/lift 50 lbs.
· Able to walk up and down stairs
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Successful candidate must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students and their families to ensure that each child reachers his/her full potential.
· Positive feeling about ALL students.
· Flexibility in meeting the needs of students and the school.
· Recognition of the need for confidentiality with respect to student and parental rights and privacy as well as confidentiality of all conversation and hard copy information.
· Ability to meet and interact positively with the public.
· Willingness to work with technology as it relates to student and building needs.
· Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative manner with other teachers to meet the needs of students with special learning needs.
· Cooperate with and partcipate in building-based initiatives.
· Serve on one or more building committees.
· Knowledgeable of Iowa HS Standards and Benchmarks (2009)
· ENDORSEMENTS:  or  or