Full-time, full-year position located at the District Service Center.
Regionally competitive benefits package.
Initial salary range is $82,000-$90,000 with actual placement depending upon experience and qualifications.
This position is not part of a bargaining agreement. The terms and conditions of this position will be covered by an individual contract.
Position reports to the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead the District’s curriculum review process; manage all aspects of the review cycle and work collaboratively with the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction to provide regular updates to the School Board.
2. Work collaboratively with site and District leaders to support excellence in classroom instruction; collaborate with staff to analyze and support improvements to teacher instructional effectiveness.
3. Work collaboratively with Teaching and Learning Staff to develop teacher training that supports key District initiatives.
4. Lead the District’s efforts to implement a unified approach to academic interventions.
5. Lead the District’s efforts to teach, assess, and report to families on progress related to 21st century skills; support all innovative efforts to create inquiry-based and project-based authentic learning opportunities within the established academic program for all students.
6. Provide leadership in the development of Immersion and STEM pathways; support the District effort to increase academic rigor for all students.
7. Lead the District’s curriculum development efforts and manage the purchasing of materials.
Additional Job Duties:
· Lead the curriculum review process based on the Wiggins/McTigue Understanding By Design backward mapping model.
· Support the needs of Department Chairs and grow their leadership skills.
· Work closely with Teacher Instructional Coaches and Building Mentors to ensure that classroom teachers are receiving strong coaching and support
· Participate in District innovation efforts and lead innovation projects as assigned.
· Advocate for and communicate to staff and the community regarding the need for 21<SUP>st</SUP> century skill development within the established academic program.
· Anticipate staff needs in the areas of literacy and instructional effectiveness.
· Maintain contact with instructional trainers in other metropolitan school districts to collaborate in the expansion of skills.
· Assist building administration in mentor selection.
· Extend competence and increase workshop offerings by attending regional and national conferences.
· Collaborate with the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and other members of the Teaching and Learning team to support the needs of classroom teachers.
· Monitor District intervention practices and implement the selected model with fidelity.
· Collaborate with the Director of Assessment and Evaluation on the creation of common assessments and the use of data associated with those assessments to improve instruction.
1. Demonstrated successful experiences as a building level or district level leader
2. Demonstrated strong academic and professional experience in curriculum development
3. Demonstrated success in supporting innovation and innovative thinking
4. Demonstrated effectiveness in supporting classroom academic interventions
5. Masters degree is preferred
6. Thorough knowledge of Understanding By Design backward mapping model
7. Thorough knowledge of best practices and current leadership in the area of instruction
8. Understanding of adult learning styles and past history of teaching various skills to adults
9. Thorough knowledge of 21<SUP>st</SUP> century skills and the various methods for teaching and assessing these skills in today’s classrooms
10. Thorough knowledge of adolescent literacy and the various methods for supporting reading and writing across the curriculum
11. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community
12. Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations
13. Demonstrated organizational and management abilities
14. Demonstrated ability to show initiative and function as a self-starter
Interested applicants should complete our online application process and upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter (Attn: Eric Schneider, Assistant Superintendent for Instruction)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Professional Work Sample