Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Utilizing a theraputic model to provide programming for students who have emotional needs and significant behavioral issues.
· Systematically collect and analyze student performance data to ensure successful learning by each student.
· Consistantly use student performance data to design and deliver instruction tailored to meet individual needs.
· Write Individual Education Plan (IEP) for assigned students.
· Oversee implementation of IEP goals and monitor progress efficiently and effectively.
· Coordinate and work collaboratively with multiple support staff in the assignment of duties as they relate to the implementation of IEP goals.
· Work effectively and cooperatively in co-teaching situations.
· Implement building and district middle level initiatives and integrity.
· Consistantly demonstrate effective communication skills and professional ethics with students, parents, staff, administration and community members.
· Effectively implement a variety of instructional strategies to meet the needs of a diverse learning community.
· Willing to participate in program trainings.
· Positive feelings toward all students and a belief that all students can learn.
· Other duties as assigned by administration.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes x No)
· Physically capable of intervening, restraining, lifting and moving an acting-out middle school student to lower the risk of injury to students, staff and damage to property.
· JB Young is an air conditioned, multi-level building
· Must be able to push/pull/lift 50 lbs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Flexibility- due to changes in enrollment, ability and student needs.
· Dependable and responsible.
· Knowledgebale about middle level best practices and experience with adolescents preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the classroom.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with all students.