Farmington Area Public Schools is seeking outstanding candidates to apply for the position of Elementary Principal for Meadowview Elementary School.
Meadowview Elementary is a school commited to strong instructional practices and school-wide interventions with proven results. Meadowview serves approximately 650 students and has demonstrated success with a diverse community of learners and families.
The mission of Farmington Area Public Schools is to develop citizens of integrity who excel in and beyond the classroom. The district supports a comprehensive professional development program that encourages collaboration among staff members, including a teacher-led alternative professional pay system.
Effective Date of Employment:
August 1, 2012
* Successful candidate will have or be able to obtain a valid Minnesota Administrative license
* Minimum of 5 years teaching experience
* Requires exceptional leadership, communications, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong skills in classroom instruction and evaluating the effectiveness of programs and staff.
* Strong experience in learning communities, response to intervention, and common formative assessments.
* Strong education leadership in school improvement planning.
* See the attached job descripton for addtional knowledge, skills and abilities required.
* Reports to the Superintendent of Farmington Area Public Schools
* Responsible for overall direction and building administration of facilities and resources, including the selection, supervision, development and evaluation of licensed and support staff, and the management of budgets, building procedures, schedules, and community communications. Key to success is developing a safe and respectful learning environment for all individuals.
* See the attached job description for additional essential functions of the position.
Applicants please apply online. Questions regarding this position should be directed to Maryann Thomas, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org