Job Objective: Plans, implements, and assesses student learning experiences. Helps students make appropriate choices. Encourages parental involvement.
- Teaches classes as scheduled. Maintains a thorough understanding of subject material. Creates effective student learning experiences. Documents teaching performance objectives. Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to monitor and manage student learning.
- Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school district.
- Promotes effective communications and assistance. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns. Refers policy interpretation inquiries to administrative staff.
- Prepares the assigned classroom or instructional area.
- Evaluates the academic needs of students. Develops meaningful educational activities that engage and stimulate learning. Varies instructional techniques to address diverse learning styles.
- Communicates expectations, provides guidance, and shows an active interest in student progress.
- Must have a valid State of Ohio, Department of Education Teaching License for K-12 Art
- A clear BCI/FBI record