Position: Special Education Teaching Assistant II
Location: Laguna Elementary School
Salary: $9.27 per hour - commensurate with experience
(Additional prorated $500.00 special education stipend)
Terms: 2012-2013 School Year
6.5 hrs per day
Funded by 222 IDEA 6B
- High school diploma required;
- Must possess an Associate's degree or 60 hours of coursework documented on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education; or pass a formal state assessment such as Master's Teacher's Para Educator Learning Network (prior to hiring);
- Additional training in child psychology and guidance, classroom management, special education needs or other related areas of study is desirable;
- Must be able to demonstrate a warmth and understanding for special students;
- Must be able to maintain good discipline standards;
- Must possess general clerical skills, primarily typing, filing and recording;
- General clerical experience desired;
- Must be able to lift weights of up to 30 pounds.
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Please visit our website www.flowingwellsschools.org to complete an on-line application.
Assists the teacher in the implementation of classroom academics, classroom management, and vocational needs. Assists in student growth and helps students achieve their highest level of education possible. Emphasis is on the para-professional aspects of the job. Work is performed under close to moderate supervision.
PC# 159 100 611
Category 6 / 6
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THIS DISTRICT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, OR DISABILITY IN ITS EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES.