General Purpose of the Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Plan, supervise and coordinate the service of consistent quality foods for students and staff.
- Instruct and train personnel in performance of duties.
- Coordinate the serving and preparation of up to three separate lunch menus by organizing procedures and assigning tasks.
- Direct the work effort of the kitchen staff; account for individuals time; sign timecards.
- Requisition food and supplies required for the operation of the building lunch program; order bread, milk and specialty products from vendor.
- Maintain an inventory of all foods and supplies needed for the building breakfast and lunch programs.
- Maintain records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as they relate to the school lunch program.
- Coordinate the preparation of main dish, baking and fruits/vegetables with efficiency.
- Conduct evaluations on building-level food service workers and make recommendations to the Director, Food Service relative to evaluation.
- Participate in local, state, and national school food service organizations and conventions.
- EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent. Child Nutrition Certificate (Level I). Required or equivalent vocational food service courses and/or working experience.
1) Ability to allocate and direct the work effort of others within a safe sensitive environment.
2) Demonstrates knowledge and application of food preparation with innovation and quality.
3) Knowledge of state policies and federal regulations related to Child Nutrition Programs.
4) Operational knowledge of hand and power implements used in food preparation.
5) Ability to maintain records.
6) Ability to meet and respond effectively to students, staff and parent needs.
7) Physical ability to bend, twist, and lift large pans and containers up to 35 pounds.
8) Human Relations: serving, helping and supervising.
Job Type: Full-time (6.5 hrs/day) w/benefits, school year
Bargaining Unit: School Nutrition
Salary Range: Per Contract