The Festus R-VI School District is currently seeking applications for the positon of
HVAC Maintenance Technican
Hours: Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours as needed.
Length of Work Year: Twelve Month position
Pay Rate: $12.50 per hour plus Health Benefits
Requirements: Certification in all areas of HVAC Maintenance preferred. Experience preferred. Working in all weather elements and on high rooftops is essential. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
Indiviudals interested in the position should submit a completed application via AppliTrack which can be found at the R-VI website www.festus.k12.mo.us and clicking on the EMPLOYMENT tab. Current resume with detailed references and work history can be uploaded also. All materials should be submitted electronically.
Questions may be directed to: Link Luttrell, Assistant Superintendent - 636.937-4920 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday, May 8th, 2012.
Festus R-VI SCHOOL DISTRICT
TITLE: HVAC Maintenance Technician
1. AA Degree in HVAC technology with EPA Refrigerant Certification strongly preferred
2. Experience in HVAC repairs strongly preferred
3. Minimum of two years experience in general building maintenance strongly preferred.
4. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
5. Such alternatives as the R-VI Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide students and staff with a safe, comfortable place in which to learn, play and work. To maintain all District HVAC systems in good repair and to complete other duties as assigned.
1. Work with maintenance supervisor to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all District HVAC equipment.
2. Provides recommendations to maintenance supervisor about HVAC repairs that should be completed by outside service companies.
3. Completes all HVAC maintenance and repairs throughout the District.
4. Assist in the creation of district HVAC maintenance programs.
5. Complete other building and grounds maintenance tasks as assigned by the maintenance supervisor.
6. Recommend supplies and equipment for purchase and help maintain the inventory of district tools, equipment and supplies.
7. Report to work as needed or directed for emergency situations.
8. Report to work as needed or directed for ice or snow removal.
9. Complete on-call duties on weekends and holidays as scheduled by maintenance supervisor.
10. Attend asbestos operations and maintenance classes annually, complete asbestos maintenance tasks, and assist the maintenance supervisor with asbestos inspections and monitoring of all asbestos containing building materials throughout the district.
11. Observe buildings and grounds to insure safe well maintained conditions and advise maintenance supervisor of needed repairs.
12. Perform additional duties as required for short periods of time due to unusual circumstances.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provision of the board's policy on evaluation of support service personnel.
TERMS OF Twelve months, eight hour day position with salary and calendar to be set
EMPLOYMENT: by the R-VI Board of Education.