PERSONNEL TECHNICIAN, BILINUGAL
1. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and skill in operation of common office equipment including but not limited to computer and word processing equipment, typewriter, calculator and copiers
2. Training and experience in general clerical work; experience in a personnel operation desirable
3. Ability to work effectively with staff and public and respond appropriately in situations requiring
specialized knowledge, tact and good judgment
4. Ability to maintain the security of sensitive, confidential and privileged information
5. Ability to learn, interpret and apply applicable personnel policies, procedures, laws, rules and regulations
6. Ability to follow oral and written directions; ability to use independent judgment
7. Bilingual ability may be required, depending on assignment
8. Must pass required tests
REPORTS TO: Director - Personnel Services or designee
JOB GOAL: To assist in the effective administration of the district personnel program by providing clerical and technical support services
1. Performs variety of clerical/technical duties related to district personnel programs; types letters,requisitions,
reports, employment verifications and miscellaneous documents; files, answers phones, operates office machines
2. Provides information and assistance to staff and public requiring knowledge of personnel policies,regulations and guidelines
3. Prepares and distributes job opportunity notices; receives and processes employment applications and related materials
4. Schedules and assists in personnel test administration and recordkeeping
5. Prepares application files and related documents for screening and interviewing; assists administrators in
coordinating meetings; schedules interviews; conducts reference checks; conducts screening interviews; communicates with applicants
6. Provides orientation and receives required documentation for new employees including fingerprinting, medical reviews, certification, etc.
7. Maintains records and files; prepares reports as assigned
8. Performs other related duties as assigned
SALARY: $2,074 - $2,518 per month
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the district's "Improvement of Professional Services” handbook, Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with collective bargaining agreements when applicable.
NEW PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES WHO BECOME PROBATIONARY UPON RECLASSIFICATION:
A new employee or permanent employee who is changed to a new classification shall serve a probationary period, which shall not exceed one (1) year of duty time, exclusive of leaves of absence or other absences. During this probationary period, the employee must meet the required standards of performance to be recommended for permanent status in the classification. A probationary classified service employee may be terminated from the probationary classification at any time without cause, without the right of appeal or hearing before the Board of Education. Pursuant to Education Code 45113, a permanent employee who accepts a promotion and fails to complete the probationary period for that promotional position, shall be employed in the classification from which he or she was promoted.
All applicants must have passed the following tests within three years of the deadline. All applicants must register for testing when submitting their application. Appropriate photo identification will be required for entrance to testing.
Clerical test will be given on June 18, 2012. Please call 631-4877 to register for the test.
Spanish Literacy Test will be given by appointment.
MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
An online application and any documents must be submitted by June 13, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.
1. Typing certificate – 40 net wpm (Valid certificate within three years of the deadline of this bulletin)
Typing/shorthand certificates will be accepted from accredited colleges or business colleges. (Copy
acceptable for application purposes; original must be presented upon offer of employment)
Copies of required certificates, transcripts or diplomas must be submitted with application. District may require that originals be presented for verification prior to employment. Please check with Personnel Services regarding acceptable documents. For Positions requiring college course work official transcripts will be required upon employment.
It is the applicant's responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may be re advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Unless otherwise notified by the District, applications received in response to this bulletin will be considered for available District positions in this classification during the current school year. Those meeting minimum qualifications, including passage of required tests, will remain active during this time. Applicants will not be individually notified of their application status.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.