Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
1. A teacher in this position will be expected to participate in all reading activities, including staff development and planning meetings as part of grade level and schoolwide teams. Implementation of strategies targeted will include: Reciprocal Teaching, QAR, Vocabulary, Differentiated Instruction and strategies to increase student achievement through interventions will be a priority.
2. Implementation of math strategies developed by the staff development team or grade level team is a priority.
3. Willing to collaborate and co-teach to support the inclusion of ESL students
4. Share and work effectively as a member of a grade level team, planning lessons, monitoring progress, analyzing assessment data and modifying
instruction. Actively participate in grade level data team meetings.
5. Participate in team and committee meetings and solution focused parent/student meetings.
6. Establish and maintain high standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a structured, positive learning climate in the classroom.
7. Maintain high academic standards for all students.
8. Attend District’s meetings for ESL staff
9. Wilson staff members encourage parental involvement. This may involve meetings beyond the school day as well as planning
for and attending parent events for information sharing about Wilson programs.
10.Other supervision and duties as assigned by the principal.
11. Willingly participate in PBIS Endorsement: 
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes x No)
· Be able to supervise students indoors and outdoors
· Must be able to push/pull/lift 50 lbs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
• Willingness to be involved in extended day learning activities for students
• Committed to guided and shared reading processes
• Committed to using a variety of technologies for instruction and learning and as a teacher tool.
• Must value the diversity of students and reflect this in teaching and disciplinary strategies, which emphasize high expectations for student performance.