- CT SDE 092 Certification required; 093 preferred
- Five years of related school district experience in building based instructional leadership or district level leadership.
- A commitment to excellence in instructional leadership with current knowledge of best practices in curriculum development, alignment and assessment.
- Strength and experience in special education service delivery models.
- Extensive successful administration experience.
Summary of Position:
· The Assistant Superintendent assists the Superintendent in the translation of the system’s strategic plan, missions, goals and objectives into effective instructional programs and has general charge of the instructional leadership of the school system. The Assistant Superintendent has the responsibility for district-wide development and implementation of Pre K-12 curricula for all students and delivery of comprehensive professional development programming to improve learning for all.