Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Wage 2012-13 - $13.20/hr: Current clerks with seniority please refer to the Wage Section of the bargaining unit contract.
· General Duties: Help people who come into the main office. Share in the phone duties. Maintain check-in sheet for staff. Assist with maintenance of staff name board in the hall outside of main office. Issue visitors’ passes along with other main office staff. Assist offices with mass mailings, report card distribution and schedule distribution.
· Work with the Destiny Textbook Management Program
· Enter student discipline data into Infinite Campus
· Work with the electronic sign display in front of the building
· Monitor guest teachers, etc. Check in guest teachers and issue keys. Record staff absences when Registrar is absent or busy. Compile suspension packets when needed. Complete Social Security information request form when requested by parent or student. Complete “Good Student” auto insurance forms for students
· Prepare mail for pick up.
· Work with Excel for documentation.
· Assist with registration duties. Wait on parents/guardians. Collect fees and enter into Infinite Campus. Collect registration forms and correct demographic information that is changed.
· Registration for the next school year: Enter course requests for the next year in Infinite Campus if help is requested by Guidance Department. Copy, officiate and send transcripts when requested by students/parents/colleges. Copy, officiate and send transcripts when requested by other schools for transferring students. Run all transcripts for the end of the year permanent records.
· Answer multiline phone system for the purpose of screening class, transferring calls, responding to inquires and/or taking messages.
· Greet public, parents, students, vendors, etc. for the purpose of responding to their inquiries and/or directing them to appropriate personnel.
· Perform general and program specific clerical functions (copying, preparing documents, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting building staff with necessary materials as requested.
· In charge of locker assignments for students. Keep records of used lockers and replace padlocks on lockers that are empty.
· Create Master Schedule each term (teacher classroom/duty/prep assignments)
· Report to building Principals and Head Counselor – other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· • Ability to routinely lift/carry office supplies and printed materials weighing up to 25 lbs - occasionally lifting 50 pounds
· •? Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels in person and/or on the telephone.
· • Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation in person and/or on the telephone
· • ?Ability to operate computer, calculator, copy machine, telephone, and other office equipment with dexterity and in a safe and efficient manner.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Experience with Infinite Campus, Excel, Word, Outlook, AESOP and willingness and ability to learn new systems as appropriate
· Recognition of the need for strict confidentiality with respect to student, staff and parental rights and privacy as well as confidentiality of all conversation and hard copy information
· Must be a team member and have good communication skills, both oral and written
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently, excellent attendance desired
· Flexibility in meeting the needs of students and the school
· Ability to meet and interact positively with the public and to respond appropriately to students, staff and co-workers