Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Works with and directs other custodial service employees; teaches new workers cleaning methods and techniques; directs and participates in deep cleaning during breaks
· Gives broad directions to Lead Custodian as to the tasks to be accomplished
· Makes minor equipment/building repairs Sends work orders electronically
· Maintains appropriate inventory of custodial supplies, orders as needed.
· Fiscally Responsible for custodial supply building budget
· Responsible for maintaining and updating Building Information Binder
· Monitors work of others, provides coaching as needed
· Reports absences, infraction of work rules and inadequate work to Supervisor of Custodians and/or Custodial Field Specialist
· Participates in evaluation of employees under direction by answering factual questions of performance
· Reports payroll electronically
· Insures the proper completion of preventative maintenance procedures. Submits electronically
· Has assigned specific cleaning tasks, which may include gang restrooms, hallways, entries etc.
· Responsible for snow removal from walks, steps, and entries
· Assists in loading and unloading school supplies and equipment
· Maintains HVAC system as directed by Supervisor of Maintenance
· Establishes routines and gives direction to ensure the maximum energy conservation in the operation of the school building
· Insures that security procedures regarding locking of doors and windows are followed by those under direction
· Primary contact person with security issues related to building infrastructure after hours
· Maintains grounds: mowing, trimming of weeds, small bushes/trees
· Ensures grounds are trash-free
· Annually inspect playgrounds
· Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Have the physical ability to lift and carry 56 lbs.
· Have the physical ability to climb an eight-foot ladder and perform custodial tasks
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
2 year custodial experience, 6 mo. Proven supervisory experience
Must have passed district Head, Lead /HVAC Class/Test..
Computer experience in use of Outlook, Word and Excel.