Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Trash removal
· Clean/sanitize desk/table tops, door handles, restroom fixtures
· Cleans glass
· Dusts horizontal surfaces, clocks, overhead screens, blinds
· Spot cleaning of carpets and hard flooring
· Assist with deep cleaning during break periods- stripping, scrub & recoat, carpet extraction, cleaning restrooms, glass, and furniture.
· Removes snow.
· Minor grounds keeping
· Lawn mowing
· Assist with delivery of supplies
· Properly maintain equipment
· Operates all energy consuming devices in the most efficient manner, striving to attain maximum energy conservation
· Monitors HVAC system, reports problems to maintenance via work order system
· Make minor repairs to equipment, building furniture, hardware, windows etc.
· Reports major repair problems to head custodian and maintenance (via work order system).
· Responsible for closing & securing building
· Works with and directs within established routine custodians on 2nd shift and during break periods as assigned by head custodian
· Monitors performance of custodians during their assigned shift. Discusses performance issues with head custodian or supervisor
· May fill-in for the head custodian as necessary
· This person must meet all the general qualifications as listed in the “lead custodian” job description of the Davenport Community School District.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV x Yes No)
· Have the physical ability to lift and carry 56 lbs.
· Have the physical ability to climb an eight-foot ladder and perform custodial tasks
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Must be able to direct others to the successful completion of assigned tasks
· Have a thorough knowledge of all cleaning procedures , chemicals & equipment
· Must have passed district Lead /HVAC Class/Test
· 1 year custodial experience
· Ability to learn how to operate a computer use e-mail, open attachments, & complete electronic work orders