Geary County USD 475
Division/Department: Secondary Education
Job Category: Teacher
Qualifications: *Current Kansas Teaching Certificate with endorsement appropriate to the assignment on file in the Devin Center
*Health certificate on file in Devin Center
*Highly Qualified according to state of Kansas requirements
Reports To: Building Principal
To provide engaging instruction in the Math Curriculum helping students achieve their highest potential.
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performing the duties of this position is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, and reach. The employee may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is required to interact with staff and meet the demands of several different people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. The employee occasionally works extended hours. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Planning and preparation based upon students’ needs
Demonstrate knowledge of pedagogy, content, and students
Select instructional goals
Demonstrate knowledge of resources
Assess student learning using appropriate measures
2. Classroom Environment
Create a classroom environment of respect and rapport
Establish a culture for learning
Establish and maintain classroom procedures
Establish expectations for and manage student behaviors
Organize space for learning
3. Instruction based upon state standards, district curriculum, and student needs as well as industry standards
Communicate clearly and accurately
Use a variety of instructional strategies and techniques
Engage students in learning
Provide timely feedback to students
Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to student needs
4. Professional responsibilities
Follow contractual responsibilities
Engage in reflective practice
Maintain accurate records
Communicate with families
Engage in professional development activities
Maintain appropriate licensure
Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal
- Submit required reports in a timely manner, participate in staff, department, committee, and team meetings.
- Obtain instructional resources and materials through processes outlined by the Principal and/or the Director of Secondary Education
- Keep informed regarding new technologies that facilitate and support student learning.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with administrators, staff, parents, students and support agencies.
- Respect the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state, and federal laws.
- Strive to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
- Uphold and enforce Board policies, administrative procedures, school rules, and federal and state regulations including but not limited to
Consolidated Plan for Federal Programs
Acceptable use of technology
Sexual and racial harassment
Child abuse reporting
- Perform other duties assigned by the principal or other building or district administrators.
Term of Employment: Teacher Contract
Salary Range: Determined by placement on teacher salary schedule.
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated in accordance with state regulations and the terms established in the negotiated agreement.
Updated February 20, 2011