We are currently seeking a creative, dynamic, innovative and motivated school leader to serve as Principal. M.D. Fox Elementary School is a K-8 school with a diverse multi-cultural community population. The leader of M.D. Fox school must be committed and dedicated to the highest expectations for students, staff and all members of the school community.
The principal will support a site-based management structure that includes active and regular participation of the entire M.D. Fox school community, which will include a focus on high engagement of parents and guardians. The principal will administer and supervise the total education program of the school, exercising instructional leadership of the personnel operating in the school. He/she will ensure a positive school climate that maintains the safety, discipline and welfare of all students. In addition, the principal will be responsible for collaboratively developing and implementing a school theme.
CT Certification in Intermediate Administration (092)
· A minimum of 5 years of successful instructional experience at the elementary and/or middle grades
· A minimum of 3 years of successful school administrator experience at the elementary and/or middle grades
· Demonstrated record of strong visionary leadership through periods of transition and change
· Successful experience working in urban/multi-cultural environments
· Demonstrated strength in public speaking to effectively communicate with students, staff, parents and
members in a multi-cultural community
· Ability to work cooperatively with parents and the community towards the MD Fox school’s Mission/Vision
· Demonstrated experience in building partnerships and resources for schools, and willingness to work with
· Understanding of RTI and data collection methods
· Understanding of various behavior intervention models
· Demonstrated understanding of Special Education
· Understanding of and commitment to the integration of technology into curriculum and instruction to facilitate
· Knowledge of financial management
· Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary in accordance with Hartford Principals’ and Supervisors’ Association Group 1-3 ($113,930 – $129,695). 2012-2013 Twelve-month position.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
To apply, go to http://www.applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/
Or go to www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D