Must possess or qualify for career and technical education secondary licensure through the Ohio Department of Education with the following code: 172306 Welding and Cutting
Must have 5 years recent work experience in the field
Commitment and desire to work with high school students
Strong technology skills
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows prescribed curriculum using approved textbooks, workbooks and instructional materials.
- Designs meaningful and sequential instruction and relevant learning activities to meet instructional goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of content, pedagogy and knowledge of students' competencies and interests.
- Prepares and uses daily lesson plans and submits to administration in prescribed manner.
- Uses support services and resources to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Plans the management of allocated budget for daily operations.
- Creates an environment for success and fosters a love of learning while creating an environment where creativity and risk taking are valued and encouraged.
- Maintains positive classroom management by setting and communicating high, consistent expectations for learning and achievement.
- Organizes classroom and/or laboratory in a manner, which is conducive to learning.
- Assists students in obtaining knowledge and developing personal skills, which will prepare them to be successful in the world of work and in life.
- Makes regular visits to business and industry.
- Implements and maintains district practices relevant to student mentorship.
- Promotes and supports student participation in youth organizations, leadership and competitive activities.
- Follows District Advisory Committee procedures as applicable.
- Seeks employment opportunities for students in accordance with their abilities and goals.
- Follows district placement procedures (i.e., job training plans, follow-up visitation reports, locator cards, business/industry visits).
- Works effectively with employers and educators from community schools to establish quality career pathways for students.
- Provides maintenance and security of the facility and equipment.
- Promotes and maintains a safe environment as defined by district policies and procedures.
- Assures appropriate supervision of students at all times.
- Adapts learning activities to meet the competency level of each student.
- Incorporates current practices from business, industry and education.
- Communicates expectations to students and parents.
- Involves appropriate representatives from business and industry to support instruction.
- Utilizes technology to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Participates in professional growth activities.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of technology utilized by the district.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times and as an effective role model for students.
- Must satisfy all job related attendance requirements.
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
Availability of Position: August 2012
Salary Range: BS-0: $39,300 – BS-10: $62,539
Placement on the salary schedule is commensurate with educational preparation and work experience in the field – 192-day instructional contract.
Application Procedure: Apply online
Equal Opportunity: All Great Oaks Institute of Technology and Career Development educational activities, employment practices, programs and services are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.