THIS IS NOT A NEW POSITION THIS IS A RECLASSIFICATION OF A CLASS II TO A CLASS I
INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Posting dates: 5/04/12 thru 5/10/12 or until filled
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, with 30 minute unpaid break ( Class I - 11 months)
Perform multiple secretarial duties simultaneously for the department, including answering the telephone, taking messages and typing correspondence, ordering supplies and monitoring department budget, taking minutes at meetings, and assisting staff and visitors; handle sensitive information for department head. May provide direction to other office staff.
Essential job functions include the following:
- Provide secretarial support to department head and ensures effective office operation. Perform multiple clerical functions simultaneously such as: handling sensitive information for department head, composing and typing correspondence; answering phones and questions regarding departmental operations; opening and distributing mail; operating office equipment; greeting visitors; taking minutes at meetings and disseminating minutes, assisting students, staff, parents and visitors, monitoring and recording student absences.
- Prepare, verify and process employment forms, employment changes, extra assignments and time cards as needed.
- Order, process and track all office supplies and equipment. Record and code vouchers and expenses against departmental budgets and monitor budgets.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments and meetings, schedules appointments, and arranges for rooms or other items for meetings/conferences, schedules transportation.
- Maintain records on computer such as budgets, immunizations, registrations, student information or credit card payments.
- Coordinate and organize projects and project documents. Collect information for reports and prepare reports as needed.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Collect, disseminate, organize, and file information for department.
- Ensure smooth departmental work flow by working with other staff and departments as necessary and assisting in overload situations when necessary.
- May delegate office work to other staff or volunteers and monitor work and/or supervise student aid.
- Other duties as assigned such as ordering food and making coffee for meetings, switchboard relief, distributing mail within the office or building, receiving and responding to e-mail, disseminates, and organizes files for office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School graduate or equivalent plus three years clerical experience.
· Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff, students and community.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, ability to write routine reports and correspondence, ability to speak effectively and interact positively with staff, students, parents, community and vendors.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Proficiency with computers and related software/hardware. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to perform duties with awareness of applicable district requirements and Board of Education policies. Regular attendance.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.
$17.68 during six (6) month probationary period
$20.22 after six (6) month probationary period