Extended School Year Principal/Early Childhood Program
We have an opening for one Extended School Year Administrator, June 11, 2012 through July 13, 2012. This is an excellent opportunity to gain extensive administrative experience. The dates for Extended School Year are June 12 - July 13, 2012, excluding July 4th. The program will be located at Greenbrier Elementary School. The Extended School Year Administrator must possess a valid Type 75 Administrative certificate by June 11, 2012.
- Coordinating with the Personnel Department regarding hiring of the all ESY staff.
- Preparing contracts for ESY staff
- Planning and facilitating a June 11th on-site staff meeting
- Preparing written correspondence for parents and staff during ESY
- Creating supervision for before and after school drop-off and pick-up schedules
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of ESY including: discipline, health emergencies, coordinating substitute teachers, etc.
- Planning and facilitating meetings for all ESY
- Supervising staff, observing classes,
reviewing newsletters and progress reports, etc
- Coordinating payroll
- Coordinating with special services/collecting IEP summaries
- Reviewing student health plans with nurse
- Coordinating bus transportation for these students (as needed) with the transportation department
- Coordinating with Greenbrier Elementary School administration to plan for building use (available room usage, drop-off/pick-up locations and procedures, safety drill procedures, use of PA system, security system, etc.)
- Preparing and presenting a written report and a digital video with highlights of the program to the Board of Education in September
- Communicating with the Arlington Heights Park District's Camp Arlington (as needed)
- Responding to questions and communicating with parents and teachers regarding classes
- Preparing ongoing written correspondence to parents and ESY staff
Salary: $7,500 StipendHours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
If interested, please email or mail a letter of interest with a current resume to:
Dr. Renee Zoladz,
Assistant Superintendent for Personnel & Planning
Arlington Heights School District 25
1200 S. Dunton Avenue
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-3122
Fax: (847) 758-4882