PHYSICAL EDUCATION/HEALTH TEACHER
STARTING 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR
CHANHASSEN OR CHASKA HIGH SCHOOL
LICENSURE IN PHYSICAL EDUCAITON AND HEALTH REQUIRED
FOR SPECIFIC INFO, CONTACT TIM DORWAY 952-556-3510
Position Start Date: August 2012
Responsible To: Building Principal
Major Job Functions: See Reverse Side
Specific Tasks: See Reverse Side
Required Knowledge, Abilities & Skills: See Reverse Side
Licensure Requirements: State of Minnesota - Certified Teacher Licensure in Area Posted
Compensation and Yearly Duration of Employment: Compensation will be determined by District 112 and the Chaska Education Association (CEA).
If recommended for employment, applicant will provide proof of legal right to work in the United States if required.
Background check will be conducted.
If you are changing positions or the number of hours you work, your benefits may change, please make sure to check the eligibility as listed in the above agreement.
Please apply online: http://www.district112.org (only online applications will be accepted)
Major Job Functions
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
Planning and Preparation
· Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Demonstrate knowledge of student
- Select instructional goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources
- Design coherent instruction
· has extensive content knowledge, with evidence of continuing pursuit of such knowledge
· searches continually for best practices.
· knows student age groups, approaches to learning, skills, interests, and cultural heritage.
· articulates how goals establish high expectations and relate to curriculum frameworks and standards
· seeks other materials to enhance instruction
· designs activities which are highly relevant to students and instructional goals
· structures clear lessons/units and allows for different pathways according to student needs.
· has assessment criteria and standards which are clear and consistent with instructional goals.
· Communicate clearly and accurately
· Use questioning and discussion techniques
· Engage students in learning
· Provide feedback to students
· Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness
- communicates clearly both orally and in writing.
- uses appropriate questioning technique.
- assures that all students are cognitively engaged in appropriate learning activities.
- assures feedback is consistently provided in a timely manner.
- makes appropriate adjustments to lessons to accommodate students questions or interests
· Create an environment of respect and rapport
· Establish a culture for learning
· Manage classroom procedures
· Manage student behavior
· Organize physical space
· Supervise students
- demonstrates genuine caring and respect for individual students.
- fosters a culture for learning in which students participate, are curious, and take pride in their work.
- manages instructional groups, transitions, materials, and supervise volunteers and paraprofessionals.
- establishes appropriate behavioral expectations.
- responds to misbehavior appropriately and respects the students’ dignity.
- uses physical resources skillfully, and all leaning is equally accessible to all students
- Evidence of an understanding of the school culture and environment, and a commitment to carrying out the vision, mission and belief statements of District 112
Other duties as assigned
· Reflect on teaching
· Maintain accurate records
· Communicate with parents
· Contribute to the school and district
· Grow and develop professionally
· Show professionalism
- assesses lessons’ effectiveness.
- maintains appropriate student records.
- communicates with parents about students’ progress on a regular basis.
- volunteers to participate in school activities and events.
- demonstrates that support and cooperation characterize relationships with colleagues.
- seeks out opportunities for professional development and actively assists other educators.
- demonstrates service to students, advocacy for learners, and sound decision-making.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and internet
- regular attendance
- knowledge and ability to use e-mail