1. Primary responsibility is to ensure that students and staff are served lunches that are in agreement with the published menu. Must be able to plan and serve breakfasts that meet USDA meal requirements.
2. Shall be able to perform the duties of general worker.
3. Shall do all ordering for the assigned unit and shall be responsible for informing the School Nutrition Manager and/or District Office of all food, supplies, equipment repairs and services needed on a daily basis.
4. Shall follow safe food handling practices, including but not limited to, the taking of food temperatures, and maintain standards of health, sanitation and safety.
5. Shall coordinate the overall work flow of the assigned kitchen. Shall delegate tasks to employees as necessary to expedite work and assist co-workers wherever help is needed.
6. Shall be responsible, in cooperation with the School Nutrition Manager, for the orientation, training and evaluation of School Nutrition workers assigned to the unit.
7. Shall operate the POS Computer system and be competent with the operation of the cash register.
8. Shall be responsible for the proper use, operation and sanitation of all kitchen equipment.
9. Shall be responsible for keeping all work and storage areas swept and clean.
10. Attend meetings as convened by the School Nutrition Supervisor/Specialist. Attends in-service and classes to foster professional and personal growth.
11. Displays and enforces approved standards of personal hygiene and grooming, including appearance, cleanliness and appropriate dress code.
12. Shall be an active participant in the promotion and marketing of the Brandywine School District School Nutrition Program with an emphasis on National School Breakfast and Lunch Week and decoration the cafeteria for holidays and special events.
13. Shall display an attitude of cooperation and accommodation to all co-workers, students, faculty and administration.
14. Shall perform other tasks and assumes other duties as needed or as assigned by the building Principal, School Nutrition Manager, and the School Nutrition Supervisor/Specialist.