Spanish Teacher 1.0 FTE Buffalo Grove High School
Buffalo Grove High School seeks candidates with a strong academic background and the desire to work with students within and outside of the classroom. At Buffalo Grove we promote personal development in a cooperative, supportive and respectful environment. Viable candidates must be willing to work collaboratively in course-alike groups along with interdisciplinary planning teams. Buffalo Grove High School seeks candidates who are interested in utilizing student-centered teaching strategies and participating in professional learning communities.
- State of Illinois high school certification (09) in Spanish.
- The applicant must possess a broad educational foundation in Spanish and desire to instruct all levels of Spanish from skills to advanced.
- Commitment to standards-based education.
- Commitment to integrating and developing AP Skills assessment and activity in level appropriate ways.
- Commitment to implementing Assessment for Learning strategies within a College Readiness Standards focus.
- Commitment to integrating authentic cultural experiences in level appropriate ways.
- Must be willing to work as a contributing member of course-alike and divisional teams to improve instructional practices and curriculum that benefit student achievement.
- Proficiency in the use of instructional and multimedia technologies.
- Commitment to working in a coordinated curriculum that targets external assessments (Advanced Placement, ACT, SAT, etc.) in the design and delivery of its content.
- Preference will be given to candidates willing to work with students outside of the normal school day by participating in activities, athletics, or other school related endeavors.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
“An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency."