1. Valid Michigan Teaching certificate with endorsement in Autistic Impaired
2. Demonstrated competencies in areas of interpersonal relationships, communication and organization
3. Meet requirements to be Highly Qualified under NCLB/IDEA
1. Individualize instruction to meet the unique needs of students, including orientation and mobility skills, braille, etc
2. Manage a safe, comfortable learning environment
3. Prepare for and participate in the IFSP/IEP process
4. Effectively plan and organize duties
5. Demonstrate consistent, effective management of student behavior
6. Maintain effective communication and relationships with students, parents, administrators, school personnel and community representatives.
7. Inform supervisor of students' progress and programmatic concerns
8. Maintain accurate and timely records
9. Demonstrate professional conduct and exhibit professional growth
10. Comply with school district policies and procedures
11. Effectively participate in meetings, committees, staffings and other required district and building activities
12. Comply with Medicaid billing procedures
13. Provide appropriate physical intervention to ensure the safety and provision of personal care to the students.
14. Train and direct paraprofessionals and other classroom assistants.
Principal - Lighthouse Education Center