JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbent is a senior-level position and primarily performs a wide range of secretarial or clerical duties, and may perform complex bookkeeping procedures in a school office setting. Incumbent is responsible for school payrolls and double entry bookkeeping which includes accounting for schools Activity and Grant funds. Time on the job is spread among assigned duties and typically, no single duty accounts for more than 40 percent of incumbent's time of the job. Incumbent must exercise judgment in answering questions, applying school or office policies to specific situations, determining types and quantities of supplies to order, and maintaining confidentiality.
High school diploma or equivalent; knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
One (1) to three (3) years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Proven bookkeeping skills (must have a minimum score of 70 on the bookkeeping test) administered by the Department of Human Resources, Classified Office).
• Type accurately at 45 w.p.m.
• Proficiency in computer word processing applications.
• Proficiency in checking, posting, and counting.
• Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
DUTY DAYS: 233 DAYS
SALARY: CT6 $13.890 - $17.363/hr.
Salary determination will be based on documented experience.
A.I.S.D. employees wanting to be considered for this position should complete an online internal application.
NOTE: Internal applicants must be in their current assignment for a minimum of 135 calendar days to be eligible to submit an internal application.