Posting dates: 5/07/12 thru 5/29/12 or until filled
Start date: 7/01/12
Hours: Full time, 12 months
Assist the Superintendent with the following functions:
Lead the certified staff and principals; provide support for the superintendent in the operation of the school district; oversee development of curriculum, special education and vocational education functions; provide instructional leadership and staff development activities. Supervise Principals
Essential job functions include the following:
- Strategic Vision: Responsible for assuring that all organizational goals, priorities, functions and other important issues are considered in making all program decisions and exercising leadership to implement and to ensure that the District’s mission and strategic vision are reflected in the management of the school district.
- Program Development and Evaluation: Responsible for establishing all program goals and the structure and processes necessary to implement the District’s mission and strategic vision. Inherent in this process is ensuring that programs are being implemented and adjusted as necessary, that the appropriate results are being achieved, and that a process for continually examining the quality of the programs is in place.
- Human Resource Management: Responsible for designing and implementing human resource strategies to meet the District mission, strategic vision, goals and to achieve maximum potential of all employees.
- Resource Planning and Management: Responsible for all financial, material and information resources, designing and implementing all strategies to accomplish the District’s mission, support all program goals and promote strategic vision.
- Organizational Representation: Responsible for developing a network of interactive communication strategies to reach all stakeholders both internally and externally to the District in accordance with the District’s mission and strategic vision.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of administration, supervision, and training.
· Ability to train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
· Ability to assign and review the work of others.
· Ability to understand, interpret, and apply applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws. Ability to create and explain policies, objectives, rules, and regulations of programs and activities.
· Ability to adhere to policies and procedures governing budgets and work authorization; implement necessary corrective action to keep costs and schedules in line with budgets or program requirements.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of staff and non-staff.
· Ability to determine and communicate organizational objectives, standards and policies; measure performance against objectives to update plans.
· Ability to develop an organizational staffing plan to assure attainment of objectives; make or recommend changes as appropriate.
· Ability to seek, receive and utilize the advice, consultation, and guidance available from other agencies within and outside of the company relating to an act or decision, as appropriate.
· Ability to adjust or recommend adjustment of employee grievances as appropriate within established organization policies.
· Ability coordinate the organizations operations and activities.
· Ability to assure internal controls are established, maintained and documented in compliance with organization directives.
· Ability to delegate appropriate authority to the lowest organization level at which facts needed for a decision are available; retain overall responsibility and accountability for results.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.
To be determined