To apply for this position, you MUST be Highly Qualified; meaning endorsed in the subject area or have 24 semester hours in the subject.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out an application which is on the District web site: www.apply.mapleton.us. In district applicants may e-mail letter of interest and resume to Damon Brown, Chief Human Resources Officer at HR@mapleton.us.
Applicants need to be highly motivated, collaborative, and able to promote a positive climate and culture with high academic expectations for all students. Monterey Community School is interested in teachers who will support our mission by:
Standard One: Learning Community
- Participating in professional development to support academic growth.
- Incorporating the 10 common principles from the Coalition of Essential Schools into all aspects of the school day.
- Implementing effective strategies for supporting positive student behavior.
- Establishing and maintaining effective classroom management.
Standard Two: Accountability
- Committing to using a variety of instructional deliveries including, but not limited to, cooperative learning, authentic assessments, and inquiry based instruction.
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to a standards based system of planning and delivering instruction and assessment.
- Aligning intervention processes with standards and assessments and participating in Problem Solving Teams established by the District and State.
- Developing assessments, collecting information, and using results to inform instruction and improve practice.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of exhibitions of student learning.
- Delivering district and school initiatives with fidelity.
Standard Three: Collaboration
- Engaging in collaboration with all stakeholders to carry out the mission of the school.
- Collaborating with administrators, instructional guide, and colleagues to provide a responsive and supportive environment for all learners.
Standard Four: Equity and Diversity
- Demonstrating and holding high expectations for all students to succeed.
- Demonstrating a willingness and ability to meet the diverse needs of learners (including students with special needs, at-risk, linguistically, and culturally diverse) by adjusting curriculum and working cooperatively with other staff.
- Participating in research based professional development to enhance instructional practices.
- Demonstrating a willingness to pursue an ELL endorsement if not already endorsed.