Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Acts in accordance with district policy, job description, administrative procedures, employees’ master contract, and state and federal regulations.
· Demonstrates responsibility for selection, orientation, transfer, evaluation, retention, “professional support” or dismissal of district employees.
· Develops and administers budget in area of responsibility.
· Establishes and implements district, building and/or program goals.
· Maintains and submits data, records, and reports that are accurate and on time.
· Evaluates the programs for which the administrator is responsible.
· Supervises or conducts performance improvement for personnel for whom the administrator has supervisory responsibility.
· Delegates authority and responsibility when appropriate.
· Promotes the programs of the district with staff, students, parents and community members.
· Maintains effective communication with staff, students, parents, and community members.
· Demonstrates appropriate and productive human relations skills.
· Develops and follows a plan of self-improvement which promotes both personal and organizational goals.
· Actively participates in the revision of district policies and procedures.
· Provides crisis intervention/discipline.
· Supervises student activities.
· Organizes the Master Schedule
· Maintains school-community relations.
· Manages personnel.
· Manages the school building.
· Demonstrates effective leadership.
· Oversees financial operations.
· Is involved in special education issues.
· Iowa Administrator Certification with Endorsement 170 and 190. .
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Must be able to climb stairs, lift, push, pull, drag up to 50 lbs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
Master's Degree in secondary school administration and Evaluator Certification.
Administrative experience preferred. Secondary teaching and extracurricular duties experience, such alternatives as deemed acceptable by the