Description: Uses technical expertise to coach cheerleaders.
- Works with cheerleaders to improve personal and teamwork skills. Provides guidance and encouragement to help students benefit from participation in program activities.
- Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school district. Encourages community partnerships that enhance district programs.
- Promotes effective communications and assistance. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns. Refers policy interpretation inquiries to administrative staff.
- Reviews procedures and schedules before the start of the season. Consults with the athletic director to evaluate program needs. Promotes the proper use, care, and security of school property.
- Attends all mandatory programs.
- Monitors innovations, evaluates activities, and recommends program improvements.
- Coordinates the development of off-season activities.
- Organizes team tryouts. Maintains the integrity of the selection process.
- Organizes and supervises practice sessions. Coordinates activities with the school calendar. Gives the athletic director a copy of all student communications.
- Teaches precautions and procedures to help students prevent injuries. Ensures that equipment is appropriate for participants' physical development and skill level.
- Ensures that all required medical authorizations forms are on file and readily available. Documents all injuries that require treatment.
- Helps arrange student transportation for sanctioned activities.
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
- Valid state department of education license
- Valid ODE supervisory permit required
- A clear BCI / FBI record