196 day contract
Desirable Position Criteria:
- Registered nurse with valid Iowa licensure, required
- BSN, preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Participate in developing and implementing school health policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and complete health records.
- Manage time and resources in the provision of school health services.
- Assess and document health and development status of students by planning and implementing health appraisals and screenings.
- Identify specific health conditions which can have an impact on learning.
- Control the outbreak and spread of infectious and communicable diseases.
- Participate in developing and maintaining a safe and healthful environment.
- Provide emergency care when needed.
- Implement district wellness program for school personnel.
- Collect health data and submit health histories for the area education association staffing; participate in staffing as deemed necessary.
- Administer and record medications.
- Participate in crisis intervention for students, families and school personnel.
- Consult with Administration, parent/guardian and school personnel to keep the school district informed about pertinent health problems and needs of students.
- Initiate the health referral process and serve as liaison among school, home, and community.
- Act as consultant and resource to the faculty in the planning and implementation of the health curriculum.
- Provide health counseling to individual students, groups of students, families and school personnel.
- Compile health materials and distribute as necessary.
- Train, supervise and evaluate non-licensed personnel assigned to dispense medications and provide other services.
is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender,
disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for
programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation,
gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its
educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If
you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please
contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant
Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines,
Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights,
Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School
District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board
of Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures
for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents,
students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9
and 1003.3. Copies of the
Policy Manual are located in each Principal's office, the
Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's