Temporary Summer/Extended School Year Assistant (1 position)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5/15/12 at 3:30 p.m. (or when filled)
POSITION: Summer/Extended School Year Special Education Assistant
LOCATION: Phoenix Program
SCHEDULE: 8:30AM-12:30PM (T/W/Th)
STARTING DATE: June 19 - August 2 (no school the week of July 4); extra 2 hours prep before program starts and 2 hours at program end.
WORK YEAR: 2012-2013
SALARY: If you are a current school year paraprofessional, you will be paid at your 2011-2012 step. If not, you will be paid according to education and experience within the range of $12.00 - $16.00 per hour.
FRINGE BENEFITS: This position is not benefits eligible.
1. Two years of college or equivalent;
2. Able to lift 50 pounds and be able to restrain students in emergency situations.
1. CPR and First Aid Training;
2. Crisis Prevention Intervention training;
3. Special Education paraprofessional training;
4. Experience working with students with disabilities;
5. Good written and verbal communication skills;
6. Must be able to work one-on-one with individual students and with small groups;
7. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team;
8. Experience and/or training in behavior management.