W-A-Y Team Leader
W-A-Y Team Leader Job Description
About W-A-Y Program:
W-A-Y Program is a dynamic online learning community of high school aged youth (researchers) who have been outside traditional education systems for a variety of reasons: sick, phobic, disaffected, traumatized or have demonstrated patterns of failure and exclusion.
The primary aim of the W-A-Y Program is to re-engage teenagers in learning, foster the desire and ability to return to lifelong learning, achieve their high school diploma and ultimately to become contributors to society.
Purpose of Job:
The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring that the local project conforms, in every aspect, to the W-A-Y Program model as researched and designed.
W-A-Y Program model.
- The Team Leader is responsible to the local Director for all matters pertaining to the
- The Team Leader is responsible for all matters pertaining to their employment by adhering to W-A-Y Program model.
- Michigan Teaching Certification Preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- $35,000-$40,000 plus benefits
Essential Skills Required:
- Broad educational experience.
- Experience in dealing with young people with risk factors in their lives and their families.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience of child protection issues.
- Ability to manage and work within a large team.
- Experience communicating and networking with other professional agencies.
Desirable Skills Required:
- Mac literacy and some technical literacy.
- An understanding of issues surrounding young people’s disaffection with education.
- Understanding of research methodology and skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Lead and manage the local project team.
- Assist young people in removing barriers to learning by collaborating across networks.
- Communicate with W-A-Y Program central team to ensure that W-A-Y Program model, policy and practice is followed.
- Attend Team Leader meetings and training sessions as required.
- Monitor project deliverables and communications to ensure follow-up and continuity between mentors and researchers.
- Monitor mentor reports and other such requirements.
- Multi-task and be prepared to offer support to other team members as the need arises.
- Provide intervention with researchers when necessary.
- Ensure that child protection issues are dealt with promptly keep the local project team informed.
- Ensure that no researcher is offline for technical reasons for more than 48 hours.
- Ensure that each researcher has access to the standard equipment and connectivity.
- Oversee the accreditation process as required by local team Director.
- Contribute actively to W-A-Y community.
- Contribute to project research through experiences and discoveries.
- Report on research as required by the project contract.
- Report to and collaborate with W-A-Y Program central team when required.
- Ensure that research data required by W-A-Y Program central team is accurate and up-to-date.
- Keep abreast with technical developments and maintain a level of computer literacy relevant to projects.
- Public Relations.
- Promote locally: to schools, social services institutions, youth offender institutions and other organizations.
- Any other duties as required from time to time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
W-A-Y is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No W-A-Y employee will discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person’s ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.