TITLE: Head Custodian
Location: Prairie Ridge Elementary
Hours: 10:30 am-7:00 pm
- Rate of Pay: 14.45 per/hr
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Certification of good health signed by a licensed physician.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of electrical repair and maintenance, carpentry and grounds maintenance.
4. Ability to read basic operating instructions and write reports.
5. Meet physical requirement:
. Be able to lift loads not to exceed 75 pounds
. Be able to climb and work from a ladder, scaffold and personal lift.
. Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
6. Demonstrates a reasonable degree of computer proficiency.
7. Meets such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Custodial staff of their assigned building.
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play, and develop.
1. Works well with others, maintaining positive and effective communication with school personnel and students.
2. Contributes to creating a positive work environment.
3. Demonstrates integrity and respects confidentiality.
4. Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work without close supervision.
5. Arrives on time and works consistently until the end of scheduled day.
6. Provides routine safety checks of building exterior, including playground.
7. Cleans and maintains all boilers, heating/cooling systems, and other major equipment. Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
8. Supervises and participates in necessary cleaning, painting, and general repairs to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and general mechanical areas.
9. Secures broken windows.
10. Assists maintenance with work at site.
11. Generally supervises and maintains the school grounds.
12. Assists in snow removal.
13. Requisitions and receives supplies and equipment and maintains necessary inventories.
14. Assumes responsibility for the general security and safety of the building.
15. Monitors the time records of all custodial employees in the building.
16. Assigns or performs routine maintenance of building operational systems.
17. Remains in school during school hours.
18. Checks the building on weekends, holidays, and during inclement weather.
19. Completes laundry work or supervises as appropriate.
20. Attends scheduled meetings.
21. Remains on call in case of an emergency.
22. Performs emergency repair or cleaning services as necessary.
23. Maintains a continuing program of staff development and training to develop a competent workforce.
24. Performs other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Superintendent, Principal, or Custodian Supervisor.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve month basis with salary work year and benefits established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board Policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property