Posting dates: 5/17/12 thru 5/23/12 or until filled
Hours: Monday through Friday, 4.50 hours per day, 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM, 11 months over 12 months (will be off the first three weeks in July and the last week in June)
Perform multiple office support duties simultaneously related to the department such as data entry on computer, typing correspondence, maintaining files, scheduling appointments, answering the phone, distributing mail and other office related activities. May take direction from department secretary.
Knowledge and experience in budget management, Excel and purchase orders.
Essential job functions include the following:
Perform multiple clerical functions simultaneously such as composing correspondence, typing, answering phones and questions regarding departmental operations, distributing mail, operating office equipment, filing, creating publications or brochures, updating information kept on computer, greeting visitors, and assisting staff and community. Greet visitors and provides information in person and over the phone regarding programs.
Maintain a variety of records on the computer such as student, budget, registration or expense information. Monitor, record and provide information to appropriate staff on a variety of student and/or staff records such as class registration and grades, subjects of assignment, or staff development class participation.
Maintain inventory of supplies used, needed, or purchased. Orders supplies and checks in orders and restocks supplies. May process purchase orders, invoices or monitor budget expenditures. Monitor, verify and adjust employee account codes or budgets. May receive money or credit card payments to process or deposit to bank. Bill customers as needed.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
Process employment and employee change forms, secure substitutes for employees, train teachers on substitute calling system and/or process time cards, and report staff absences to payroll.
Maintain schedules of supervisor, rooms, equipment, and/or teachers.
Coordinate special projects such as preschool screening, summer school or workshops. Prepare reports as directed.
Other duties as assigned such as taking and sending out minutes of meetings, making coffee for meetings, making room arrangements, scheduling appointments and speakers, assisting other department personnel, providing switchboard relief, performing mail room duties, and other office related functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School graduate or equivalent plus one to three years experience in a clerical capacity.
· Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff, students and community.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, ability to write reports and correspondence, ability to speak effectively and interact positively with staff, students, parents, community and vendors.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving limited number of variables in standardized situations.
· Proficiency with computers and related software/hardware. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to perform duties with awareness of applicable district requirements and Board of Education policies. Regular attendance.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.
$16.56 during six (6) month probationary period
$19.10 after six (6) month probationary period